From the bustling city of Kathmandu, embark on an unforgettable adventure with the Annapurna base camp trek, a 14-day journey that will take you through some of the most stunning landscapes in the world. Trek through remote villages, dense Rhodondren forests, and rugged mountain terrain as you make your way toward the majestic Annapurna mountain range.
Marvel at the breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, towering cliffs, and cascading waterfalls. Experience the rich local Sherpa culture and be guided every step of the way by experienced trek leaders, assistant guides, and porters. And when it's all over, rest and relax in the beautiful city of Pokhara, knowing that you've just completed one of the most incredible journeys of your life.
If you are not satisfied with our proposed Annapurna base camp trek itinerary, you can always tailor-make the package with us. We offer the budget Annapurna base camp trek and organize short Annapurna base camp trek as well for our guests as per their request. If you have any specific requirements, feel free to contact us.
An adventurous excursion to the lap of the tenth-highest mountain in the world, Mount Annapurna
Are you ready for an adventure that will take you straight into the heart of the western Himalayas? Look no further than the Annapurna base camp trek, where you'll be treated to stunning views of the highest peaks right from the beginning of your journey. It's no wonder this two-week-long trek is on the bucket list of so many thrill-seekers!
But don't worry, this trek isn't just for the hardcore mountaineers out there. Whether you're traveling with kids or only have a short amount of time to spare, the Annapurna base camp trek 14 days is suitable for everyone. The scenery will leave you breathless, the local culture will captivate you, and the comfortable accommodations will provide a much-needed break after a day of walking (which, by the way, is not too strenuous).
As you reach the Machhapuchhre base camp and Annapurna base camp (4,130 m/13,546 ft), prepare to be amazed by the magnificent views of Machhapuchhare (6,993 m/22,943 ft), Annapurna South (7,219 m/23,684 ft), Annapurna I (8,091 m/26,545 ft), and Annapurna III (7,555 m/24,787 ft), among other stunning peaks. And at the Annapurna sanctuary, you'll be treated to a jaw-dropping 360-degree mountain panorama, complete with a near-vertical view of the south face of the Annapurna towering above you.
So what are you waiting for? Lace-up your boots and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime on the Annapurna base camp trek! Join our expert and passionate team of travelers on the Annapurna base camp trek 2023/2024 departure.
People and Culture
Immerse yourself in the local culture as our best Annapurna base camp trek package takes you through fascinating villages and terraced farmland. You'll gain a profound insight into the daily lives of the friendly locals who call this area home. As you trek along the Annapurna base camp route, you will encounter a diverse mix of ethnic groups.
In the lower elevations, you will find Brahmins and Chhetris, while in the higher elevations, you will come across Mongoloid Himalayan people. The predominant ethnic groups in the area are the Gurung and Magar people, who are famous for their contribution to the Gurkha regiment.
Annapurna base camp trek distance and trail condition (difficulty)
The Annapurna base camp trek is approximately 110-120 kilometers (68-75 miles) long, depending on the specific route taken. The trek usually takes about 7-14 days to complete, depending on the trekker's pace and itinerary. Our Annapurna base camp trek itinerary is 14 days long. It is designed to offer you a unique perspective on this famous trek as we follow a different route.
The trail conditions can vary depending on the time of year and weather conditions. During the peak trekking season from September to November and March to May, the trail conditions are generally good, with dry and clear weather. The Annapurna base camp trail is well-marked and well-maintained, with tea houses and lodges, along the way for food and accommodation.
However, during the monsoon season from June to August, the trail becomes muddy and slippery. There may be leeches and landslides. Likewise, during the winter months, from December to February, there may be snow and ice on the trail, making it more challenging.
With a peak altitude of 4,130 meters at Annapurna Base Camp and a gradual increase in elevation in the days leading up to it, there is little risk of altitude-related issues. So, keep yourself hydrated, have good food, and get plenty of sleep every day to maintain your energy and avoid altitude sickness.
Overall, the Annapurna base camp trekking is considered a moderate-level trek, suitable for those with good health and fitness. The trail winds through dense rhododendron forests, over glacier rivers and waterfalls, and offers incredible views of sheer cliffs with rivers running far below.
Why you'll love this trek
- Explore the rich cultural heritage of Nepal as you interact with the friendly locals and visit ancient temples, monasteries, and traditional markets along the way.
- Challenge yourself physically and mentally as you trek up to 4,130 meters above sea level and push past your limits to achieve a sense of accomplishment and personal growth.
- Gain a deeper appreciation for the natural world as you trek through the Annapurna Conservation Area, home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including rare species like the snow leopard and Himalayan tahr.
- The real star of the show is the stunning Himalayan backdrop that will take your breath away at every turn. Mountains like Dhaulagiri (8,167 m/26,795 ft), Nilgiri (7,061 m/23,166 ft), Hiunchuli (6,441 m/21,132 ft), Gangapurna (7,455 m/24,459 ft), Tukuche (6,920 m/22,703ft), and numerous others are seen during the ABC trek.
- Create unforgettable memories with your fellow trekkers, bonding over shared experiences, overcoming challenges together, and making lifelong friendships along the way.
- Annapurna Base Camp trekking combines adventure, culture, and natural beauty, all while supporting ethical and sustainable tourism practices.
- Our guide and porters will take care of your needs during the Annapurna base camp trekking along with your safety, so you can focus on taking in the jaw-dropping scenery around you.
- And the best part? The Annapurna base camp trek is an almost year-round route. Whether you're looking for a winter escape or a summer adventure, this trek is sure to deliver a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Alternative trekking packages in Nepal
These are some other trekking packages in Nepal that we recommend to beginner trekkers- Everest base camp trek, Langtang valley trek, Everest view trek, Ghorepani Poon Hill trek, and Mardi Himal trek.
Experienced trekkers can check out these trekking packages- Everest Three High Passes trek, Annapurna Circuit trek, Langtang Gosaikunda trek, and Manaslu Circuit trek.