Kanchanjunga is perhaps the least known peak, but towering at 8598m, it is the third highest peak in the world. It lays astride the Nepal/Sikkim border in far eastern Nepal, and is only few miles from Tibet. This area offers a uniquely different setting from the rest of Nepal. It was open to trekking in 1988, but does not see many trekkers. It is therefore ideal for those who want to see a different Nepal.
The shorter version starts and ends at Taplejung with connecting flights to Kathmandu. The trek will take you across terraced hills towards the peaks of Jannu, Khabru and Kumbakarna with Kanchanjunga and Rathong towering above. The longer trek starts at Basantapur, and reaches the Base Camp at Pang Gyabla after about 17/18 days, before turning back to the airstrip at Taplejung to fly back to Kathmandu. This is one of the best treks in eastern Nepal.
- Kanchenjunga Base camp trek Nepal
- - All airport transfers by private CAR.
- - Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with BB basis/ Double room
- - Transportation from Biratnagar/ Bhadrapur to Taplejung/Phungling by jeep/Local Bus
- - All three time meals (B/L/D) with accommodation while on trekking with Tea or Coffee.
- - An Experience license Guide and Porter.
- - Kanchenjunga National Park fee
- - Guest Flight (Kathmandu – Biratnagar/Bhadrapur – Kathmandu)
- - Guide Flight (Kathmandu – Biratnagar/Bhadrapur – Kathmandu)
- - All Necessaries for Guide and porter i.e. Salary, food, Accommodation and Equipments.
- - Guide and Porter Insurance during the whole trekking
- - Sleeping bags and down Jacket for guest during the whole trek.( this is returnable after completed trek)
- - Warm water during the trek if required.
- - All government and service charges.
- - Any kind of Hard, soft and all kinds of bottled drinks
- - Excess baggage charge while flying to Biratnagar/Bhadrapur ( max. weight 20 Kg)
- - Personal travel insurance & clothing.
- - TIPS FOR STAFF
Case of weather change, flight can delay some time.